Cellular phones or also known as cell phones are the most bought gadgets nowadays. They are the best medium of communication. Mobile companies are doing their best to make our lives much easier and more convenient. Most of the cellular phones are quite easy to use. They make communication a lot faster.
Back in the ancient days, people contacted each other by sending couriers or messengers. Traditionally, we communicate with other people either by sending mails or by visiting them personally. Nowadays, we have telephones and cellular phones to make our communication a lot easier and faster. Instead of exhausting ourselves, the cell phones allow people to contact their friends, family, and relatives without stressing themselves.
How Cell Phones Work
Basically, a cellular phone is a complex radio that works exactly the same as the traditional radio. Frequencies are sent through the cell sites then to the cell phone of the other person you are communicating with. If you’re familiar with the traditional radio, then you’ll easily understand the process used with cell phones.
Advantages of Cellular Phones
As mentioned previously, cell phones allow people to keep in touch with one another without less physical stress. With a simple touch on a button, you can contact any person who is in your phone book. Aside from using your phone to call your friends, you can also use text messaging to inform other people about something. As a cellular phone user, there are several advantages you can expect to get when you have one. Here are some of the advantages of owning a cellular phone.
- Communicate Anywhere, Anytime – the best thing about owning a cellular phone is that you can talk anywhere at any time. Aside from keeping in touch through calls, you can always send a text message to contact your friends, family, and relatives. Keeping in touch with other people has never been as easy as when you use a cellular phone. Unlike with telephones, you can always bring a cellular phone with you anywhere you go. This will allow you to communicate anywhere you want at any time you want. If you have a loved one who is still out late at night, contacting him via his cellular phone will allow you to have a peace of mind and know his whereabouts. In fact, cellular phones also let people to connect with their relatives who are residents of other countries.
- Keeps You Updated – cellular phones can connect you to the internet. This feature allows owners to access the World Wide Web, so they can stay up-to-date with the latest trend or news. By pressing a button, you can explore the internet and search for the information that you need. The simple press will also allow you to stay updated on what’s happening with the business, government, entertainment, and other various sectors of your society.
- Text Messaging – as previously cited, there’s also another way to communicate with other people using cell phones. Text messaging is an inexpensive way to contact your friends, family, and relatives. It is quite cheap as compared to calling with your cellular phone. In addition, you can inform your contacts about your concern even if they left the cell phone at home. It’s like call messaging but significantly cheaper. Text messaging is suitable for younger people, especially the students who are on a tight budget. If you’re a student or someone who’s not financially well off, text messaging is a decent option to communicate with others. Most of the cell phone users invest in text messaging rather than in calls as they can save money from it. However, entrepreneurs would benefit more from having enough loads to make calls.
- You can Take Videos and Photos – most of the modern cellular phones have built in cameras that allows the user to take photographs and videos whenever they want to. Crimes committed are now easier to catch on camera thanks to the genius development of mobile phones. You can get photographs or even videos of any event in your area when you have a cell phone with you. Taking pictures and videos is quite easy. All you need to do is press one button and you already have a hard evidence to back up anything you see that is wrong or against the law. While this advantage is good for the community, it can also cause problems if used by wrong people. Mobile phones are also used to record sex scandals which are quite common nowadays.
- Keeps You Safe – in case of emergency, you can always use your cellular phone to call the police or any organization that will help you during that dreadful moment. Cellular phones provide lots of benefits when it comes to safety regardless of your situation. You can call your friend in case you’re lost somewhere in another town. A cellular phone will also alarm the authorities if there is a crime in your area. Fire cases can also be addressed right away if there’s a resident with a cellular phone. In fact, hospitals easily respond to road accidents thanks to the concerned callers who are calling from their cellular phones. You can also call the police if you see someone suspicious roaming around your place. There are just lots of things you can do with your cellular phone that will help in keeping your place safe.
- They Fit in Your Pocket – another good thing you can expect from owning a cellular phone is that it is handy. Depending on the model, most cell phones can fit inside your pocket. While personal computers allow you to do various things to make life easier, you can’t bring a desktop computer with you comfortably. On the other hand, you can do most of the things a personal computer or a laptop does with your cellular phone. To top it all, you can simply store it anywhere. Bigger phones can be stored inside your bags or purse which is still a huge advantage as you can bring it with you all the times. While this is actually an advantage, the mere fact that it can fit inside the pocket also makes them attractive to most thieves. Imagine how easily a person can snatch and hide a phone without being noticed. As the owner, you need to make sure that your phone is always kept somewhere safe to avoid such thing from happening.
Cellular phones make our lives easier because of their convenience and reliability in making communication a lot faster. As a parent, you can monitor your kids a lot easier if you use cell phones. Although they can be expensive, having a peace of mind knowing that you can easily contact your kids is priceless. As a student, you can easily get in touch with your friends or get information with your mobile phone. You can expect lots of good things from a cell phone regardless of its brand and model. If you’re the type of person who can’t live without communicating with other people, then spending some money in a good cellular phone would be nice investment. It helps in faster communication.